|Previous Mission||Campaign Walkthrough||Next Mission|
ACT 3 MISSION 6
- We have successfully extracted the records from Altair 4. They have been partially deciphered and are being moved back to Terran Space. Omega transports will once again be handling the movement of the scientists and the records.
- Unfortunately, the Altair system is still controlled by Hammer of Light. One of their flagships, the Anvil, is stationed here, and has gotten word of our presence in this system. It is currently blocking the vector to the subspace node.
- The Anvil carries with it a powerful contingent of Vasudan fighters. Intelligence reports two squadrons: one of advanced Thoth space superiority fighters, and one of Horus Interceptors. These fighters have defended the Anvil well.
- Intelligence has also detected the presence of a third wing of Vasudan bombers in this system. They will undoubtedly attack our fleeing transports.
- Your strike force will once again consist of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma wings. Gamma will provide escort for Alpha while Alpha attacks the Anvil. Beta will ensure the safety of the transports and maintain our fighter superiority.
- The Anvil must be destroyed. We are equipping Alpha with Harbinger bombs. These bombs require exact placement and careful maneuvering, but will do massive damage to the Anvil. Beta and Gamma must ensure that the Harbingers reach their target.
- Our primary goal, however, is to ensure that Omega 1 and Omega 2 reach the jump node. Destroying the Anvil is the best way to ensure that this goal is accomplished. This mission is of grave importance. Do not fail, pilot. Good luck.
Once the mission has restarted, hit (Shift) + (/). This should put in dual fire mode for your secondary weapon. Now head toward the jump node. While you're heading there, order your wingmen to engage enemy. By this time the Leo bombers should have arrived. Dispatch of them. Now you are free to attack the Anvil. Use Harbingers and be suprised at how much damage two of them will do. Switch to your other slot of Harbingers and shoot them at the Anvil. If fighters start attacking Omega 2, tell Gamma wing to protect Omega 2. Once the Anvil is down, destroy any remaining fighters and then stay with the transports until they depart.
Notable ships present
- Omega 1 and 2
- HLD Anvil