|The following information has not been confirmed by Volition |
and is therefore not canon for the FreeSpace universe.
Age of Aquarius Tech Room Description
The Eos torpedo is a nuclear weapon carried in large numbers by Raynor-class destroyers. One of a number of munitions that can be launched from the Raynor's multiple missile batteries, the Eos is a long-range weapon with about half the yield of bomber-delivered Cyclops warheads. Though its role in the Raynor's arsenal is supplementary to that of beams, it has a powered flight range of nearly 6000 meters and it can engage enemies at any angle. Torpedoes are expected to play an even greater role in GTVA tactical doctrine in years to come.
|Reload time||30 s|
|Shockwave Radius||150 / 300 m|
|Minimum Lock Time:||3|
|Turn Rate (360 degrees):||1|
- Weapon is capable of easily damaging large vessels (Huge)
- Weapon cannot be mounted on small ships (Big Ship)
- Weapon lifetime not penalized if the angle to the target is too big (No Lifeleft Penalty)
- Weapon projectile generates particles (Particle Spew)
- Weapon can be shot down (Bomb)
- Weapon fires on the designated rate of fire on all difficulty levels and all AI levels (Same Turret Cooldown)