- Type - Stealth Bomber/Strike Bomber (FS1/FS2)
- Manufacturer - Dynamic Metamer
- Manuverability - Poor/Average
- Afterburner Equiped
- Armor - High/Medium
- Power Output - 3.0
- Length - 20 m
- Gun Mounts - 4
- Allowed FS1 Primaries - "ML-16 Laser" "Avenger" "Disruptor" "Flail" "Leech Cannon" "Prometheus" "S-Breaker"
- Allowed FS2 Primaries - "Subach HL-7" "Akheton SDG" "Morning Star" "Lamprey" "Prometheus S" "Prometheus R" "Circe" "Maxim"
- Default FS1 Primaries - "Avenger" "Flail"
- Default FS2 Primaries - "Prometheus R" "Prometheus R"
- Max Weapon Energy - 100.0
- Missile Banks - 3
- Allowed FS1 Secondaries - "D-Missile" "Fury" "Phoenix V" "Synaptic" "Stiletto" "Hornet#Weak" "Interceptor" "EM Pulse" "Cluster Bomb" "Tsunami"
- Allowed FS2 Secondaires - "Tempest" "Trebuchet" "Piranha" "Stiletto II" "Harpoon" "EMP Adv." "Infyrno" "Cyclops"
- Default FS1 Secondaries - "Phoenix V" "Stiletto" "Synaptic"
- Default FS2 Secondaries - "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha"
- Secondary Capacity - 40, 40, 40
- Countermeasures - 30
FS1 Tech Room Description
Another product of GTI R&D, the Zeus strike bomber is a worthy successor to the Athena. It's balanced design and increased reactor capacity give it remarkable speed for a bomber, yet still remains capable of carrying the powerful Tsunami bombs. These features will make the Zeus a versatile and effective weapon against capital ships.
FS2 Tech Room Description
The GTB Zeus is the fastest of all currently active GTVA bombers. It replaced the fleet's old Athena bombers as they were mothballed during the years following the Great War. Though slightly slower than the Athena, the Zeus's heavier armor and armament give it a much better battlezone survivability rate. Many of the Zeus wings in the GTVA fleet defected to the NTF during the initial stages of the rebellion.
Excellent for hit-and-run bombing. Can carry Tsunamis. Good afterburner supply.
The Zeus just can't hack it. The decrease in speed, shields, and manuverablity, and the increase in its thickness and hence target profile are all apparently minor, but they all magnify each other. In the end, it turns out that the Zeus is significantly less survivable then the Athena. If you really want a bomber and don't need too much muscle, you're probably going to be safer in a Medusa. (By the time FS2 rolls around, just plain forget the Zeus exists and grab that Artemis. It's godly in comparison.) If you're an Athena veteran and used to flying it as if it were a fighter, don't get a Zeus.