- Type - Cruiser
- Manuverability - Capital Ship
- Armor - Capital Ship
- Hitpoints - 35000
- Power Output - 90.00
- Weapons Emplacements (FS1/FS2)
- Turret 01 - 2/1, 5.0 - Terran Turret
- Turret 02 - 2/1, 5.0 - FS1: Terran Turret FS2: SGreen
- Turret 03 - 2/.5, 5.0 - FS1: Terran Turret FS2: AAAf
- Turret 04 - 2/.5, 5.0 - FS1: Terran Turret FS2: AAAf
- Turrer 05 - 2/.5, 5.0 - FS1: Terran Turret FS2: AAAf
- Turret 06 - 2/.5, 5.0 - FS1: Terran Turret FS2: AAAf
- Turret 07 - 2/1, 5.0 - Terran Turret
- Turret 08 - 2/1, 5.0 - Terran Turret
- Turret 09a-01-main - 8/3, 10/9.0 - FS1: FighterKiller FS2: Fusion Mortor
FS1 Tech Room Description
After the Vasudans began making incursions into GTA space, command decided that it needed a new defensive cruiser. Changes to the Fenris led to the GTC Leviathan line of cruisers, produced as mobile defense battleships. Their speed and maneuverability were greatly reduced in tradeoff for more powerful weapons and a stronger hull. Production was discontinued when the GTA thought they would win the Vasudan war after the Battle of Gulnara, and then the production was started up again after the defeat at the Talania system. Because of the on-again off-again nature of this vessel's production, almost all of the Leviathan Cruisers have different armaments, but all have consistent hulls and speeds.
FS2 Tech Room Description
Early in the Great War, Han-Ronald engineers designed and built the Leviathan class of cruisers. The Leviathan is much heavier armed and armored than the Fenris, but also much slower and less maneuverable. Leviathan cruisers are used to guard critical installations, such as permanent jump nodes, deep-space factories, and gas-mining operations, where firepower is king and speed is of little importance. They're also well-suited to escorting slow-moving freighters or transports. The Fenris is good for fast-moving operations, but when you need some muscle, call in a Leviathan.
I think the writers got the Great War and the Vasudan War mixed up when they wrote the FS2 description. - The Eishtmo
It's just another cruiser, but significantly tougher then most, in FS1. However, in FS2, you need to fear this ship. It has four AAA beams, covering every direction save dead aft and directly ahead. It can bring at least two of them to bear on any target not closer then under a hundred meters. The single forward-mounted SGreen is not particularly well-suited to anti-capital work, but decent in the role. Overall the Leviathan is probably the third-most effective cruiser in the game, falling after the Shivan Lilth and the Aeolus.