Just Another Day 3: Shivans on a Plane
In development since: ???
Released: May 30th 2007
- Axem: Writer, FREDder
- Core File:
- 1 Cache File
- 6 Custom In Game Animations
- 2 Preload TGA files
- 4 Custom Maps
- 8 Missions
- 1 Model
- 9 OGG fomat music files
- 1 TBM file
- Extras File
- 7 Cutscenes
With the death of FRED and FRED2 by the hands of Alpha 1, there no stands nothing to strike at the GTVA! Except for... Shivans! On a Plane!
The Shivans have returned and are bent on taking over ancient Earth aero-transports. We've got motherfrackin' Shivans! And there's not a got-damn thing you can do about it!
Just another day again, eh?
Why wouldn't it be? Get ready for the following things in random order!
- plotholes on a plane!
- copyright infringements on a plane!
- references to Disco Music on a plane!
- the power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK on a plane! (ok, maybe not)
- God on a plane! (MORE God on a plane may still not be God on a plane, your God on a plane may vary.)
- unexpected twist endings on a plane!
- MORE on a plane!
JAD3 was a headache, but a fun headache. With the exception of the first mission, every mission had a complete redoing. That completely trashed every part of the story I had first wrote down. But alas, I somehow recovered.
Some notes about the missions (mild spoilers)
- Mission 1: I was actually going to use the Shivans on a Plane here, which is why SLJ was there. But then I swapped it out for a Sath.
- Mission 2: Finally a use for the Helios and Myrmidon! Unfortunately this is a mission where you can't use the Myrmidon.
- Mission 3: This was going to be the Stealth Mission with similar jokes as Mission 5. Instead it went somewhere else.
- Mission 4: This mission was done entirely for the Giant Robots. And the intro/promo/whatever. Gendo-Basudan is my favorite CommAni I did.
- Mission 5: Up until the last few hours of finishing the whole campaign, the guest star was Admiral Haberdashery, but since the D&D setting kinda put him way out of place. Instead you got Monty Python.
- Mission 6: The Shivans on a Plane was going to have a grand entrance, a ingame cutscene and fanfare and everything. But their role got cut (again) and they had 5 seconds of screen time at the very end.
- "Guranteed 110% fun." -Nubbles
- "You made me smile today." -Colonol Dekker
- "Oooooooookay... Axem's campaigns have reached a new level of weirdness..." -Dark Hunter
- "Most anticipated campaign of the year" -ngtm1r
- "Hehehe...was fun...especially liked to shut up Terran Fraggin Command" -TrashMan
- "GTVAngelion was really funny... 'specially the intro cutscene music..." -Snail
- "Good job Axem, can't wait to play it." -chief1983
Most of which were taken from [| Official Announcement in HLP].