Mod.ini defines the options for a given Mod. The core use for these is to allow a Mod to easily use assets from another mod, such as the MediaVPs.
The file must be called "mod.ini" and be in the main folder of the mod.
Information about the Mod, displayed in the Launcher.
- modname = Name of Mod;
- image255x112 = Mod bitmap.bmp;
- infotext = Information about the Mod;
- website = URL to Mod website, if applicable;
- forum = URL to a Mod forum, if applicable;
- mantis = URL to a Mod bugtracker, if applicable;
The Mod Bitmap is displayed
Defines the other mods whose assets are used by this one.
- primarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will override assets in the current Mod
- secondarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will be added to the assets for the current Mod, and may be overrided by data in the current Mod.
Defines other required settings.
- flags = list of additional commandline flags;
[launcher] image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp; infotext = Freespace II - 3.6.10 MediaVPs; website = http://www.hard-light.net/; forum = http://www.hard-light.net/forums; mantis = http://www.hard-light.net/mantis; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondarylist = ;
[launcher] image255x112 = Derelict.bmp; infotext = Five years have passed since the jump node to the Capella system was collapsed...; website = http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce/; forum = http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=83686deb4fd49b5f670f6d92203b257d&forumid=89; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondrylist = ,mediavps; [settings] flags = -spec;