Mod.ini defines the options for a given Mod. The core use for these is to allow a Mod to easily use assets from another mod, such as the MediaVPs.
The file must be called "mod.ini" and be in the main folder of the mod.
- PLEASE NOTE: Launcher v 5.4 or later, must be used. Earlier versions had some bugs that would cause this explanation about mod.ini to fail.
Information about the Mod, displayed in the Launcher.
- modname = Name of Mod;
- image255x112 = Mod bitmap.bmp;
- infotext = Information about the Mod;
- website = URL to Mod website, if applicable;
- forum = URL to a Mod forum, if applicable;
- mantis = URL to a Mod bugtracker, if applicable;
The Mod Bitmap is displayed
Defines the other mods whose assets are used by this one.
- primarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will override assets in the current Mod
- secondarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will be added to the assets for the current Mod, and may be overrided by data in the current Mod.
Defines other required settings.
- flags = list of additional commandline flags;
[launcher] image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp; infotext = Freespace II - 3.6.10 MediaVPs; website = http://www.hard-light.net/; forum = http://www.hard-light.net/forums; mantis = http://www.hard-light.net/mantis; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondarylist = ;
[launcher] image255x112 = Derelict.bmp; infotext = Five years have passed since the jump node to the Capella system was collapsed...; website = http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce/; forum = http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=83686deb4fd49b5f670f6d92203b257d&forumid=89; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondrylist = ,mediavps; [settings] flags = -spec;