Silent Threat Information
Silent Threat is a mission add-on for FreeSpace. It contains new ships, new missions, new weapons, new command briefings, and lots more. As taken from Interplay's Site: "As the Great War rages on, you've been commissioned by the GTI (Galactic Terran Intelligence) for special intelligence operations. In a matter of National Security, you've been asked to go behind enemy lines in order to preserve the fragile space treaty. Is the GTI setting you up or are the Shivans spreading their evil rage?
- Over 40 new missions created by both the developer and fans.
- 2 new playable ships join your squadron of 40 stunningly realistic, richly detailed craft.
- 2 new primary weapons and 2 new secondary weapons are now at your disposal to trash the sky with enemy debris.
- A new enemy capital ship has emerged and is poised to challenge the greatest fighters in space.
- The multiplayer chaos continues with up to 12 players over the Internet."
- When and where can I get Silent Threat?
- Silent Threat arrived in various stores across the United States the weekend of October 2nd, 1998. It should be *available nationwide in computer or entertainment stores within that next week. International releases are not *predictable, however. Its recommended retail price is $19.99. If you choose to, you can order the game online from Chips 'n Bits for $19.99.
Are the bug fixes made in Silent Threat only available through purchase of it? No. All the bug fixes are available in 1.04. The only thing that Silent Threat has are the missions, the new ships/weapons, and the main campaign.
I play on PXO. Will I be able to play against Silent Threat players if I don't have it? You can play against any Silent Threat player as long as the mission does not include the new weapons or ships. As long as they aren't included, you should be fine, just as long as the mission is validated for multiplayer use.
What are the new units and weapons in Silent Threat? Silent Threat gives users two new primary two new secondary weapons. In addition, two more GTA ships are for your use. Also, there is a new Shivan bomber, the Seraphim, as well as a new destroyer.
Check here for details on the Ships and Weapons.
What fan-created missions are included in Silent Threat? Over half of the missions contained in Silent Threat were created by fans who participated in the Silent Threat Mission Design Contest. A list of the missions chosen for Silent Threat and their respsective designers follows:
- Asteroid Onslaught - Danny Craig Defrancis
- Black Knight - Michael M. Solyom
- Crippler - Christopher Douglas Haskett
- Cutting the Supply Line - Peter Drake
- Dead in the Water - Christopher James Bagwell
- Deception - Brian Wheeler
- The Destiny of Peace 1-7 - Justin Mills
- Fortress - Christopher Douglas Haskett
- Full T-V Battle - Jason Attard
- The Great Escape - Adam Rorabaugh
- The GTI Shadow - Justin Raynard
- Hunted - Dan J. Raymond
- Into the Fire - Colin "IceFire" Czerneda
- Loner - Rob Munro
- The Manhattan Project - Justin Mills
- The Master of Illusion - Ryan Glasnapp
- Order of the Eye - Peter Drake
- Powerball Arena - Victor "DrDooM" Shin
- Red Herring - Matt Sparling
- Roadkill - Matt Finnerty
- The Sands of Normandy - Nathan "Dynamo" Hoying
- Shadows - Brad Crawford
- Supplies! Supplies! - Jeff Montgomery
- Surprise - Eser Guven
- Survivors - Colin "IceFire" Czerneda
- Test of Honor - Brad Crawford
- Virginia's Run - Christopher Vann Cox