Go into FRED.
Set up a mission with 4 Artemis attacking an Aeolus.
Watch the Aeolus die while inflicting barely any damage on the attacking bombers.
Make another mission. Send 4 Artemis to kill a Leviathan.
The Leviathan will die, but bring half of the bombers down with it.
Although the Aeolus has a lot of flak, this stuff is very bad at shooting down bombs. Blob turrets seem much better at that. Plus, it only has two anti-fighter beams, which are what really kills fighters and bombers. The Leviathan has four. Why does this article claim that the Aeolus is such a great ship? Mind if I edit it? Mustang19 Apr 17 2007
- Ngtm1r... People are entitled to have their opinions. Calling them liers isnt going to help at all. So if you really have any opinions or comments about this please post those but leave the flaming elsewhere.
- Mustang19, as for the actual article.. i think some of the more 'outrageous' comments are in the tech descriptions and those are NOT to be edited. However you may add your comments to the 'veteran comments' section. - Wanderer 00:54, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
I just realized something. If you count up all the Aeolus cruisers in the canon FS2 named ship list, it adds up to 23 already, meaning that any campaign that is using more than one Aeolus not on the list should actually explain why there are more. Unless, of course, you dismiss the 24 Aeolus limit as non canon. Vigilant, Warwick, Agrippa, Stalwart, Templar, Malta, Ertanax, Sparta, Ascendant, Ashaton, Zanthar (11 - GTVA) Camisard, Alexandria, Liberty, Epigoni, Loyola, Mylae, Hellespont, Saharan, Retribution, Righteous, Vindication, Vengeance (12 - NTF) - Droid803
- I know. I was counting too. - Stormkeeper 12:45, 16 July 2008 (CDT)
- Bear in mind that three of those appear in multiplayer missions that are described as simulations, so you can argue that there are four available, without the need to write in additional production. -- BlueFlames 13:33, 16 July 2008 (CDT)
- Still, 4 surviving cruisers spread through out the entire GTVA territory is abit stretching it. Which means the Fenris and Leviathans pick more than their far share of the slack. Stormkeeper 00:21, 17 July 2008 (CDT)
- I do support the unlock providing the edits are relevant, tangible, and not made for the specific purpose of triggering a revenge over somebody else. - Mobius
- Given that the forum thread was closed temporarily, I would hesitate to unlock it yet. I'll be around and keep an eye on the forum as much as I can, though. - TopAce (talk) 20:23, 29 October 2020 (UTC)