Difference between revisions of "Talk:Main Page"
m (Protected "Talk:Main Page": Excessive spamming ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 10:10, 7 December 2012
Categories? Do you know how to make new categories? I thought I did, but it seems I did not. Is it possible to make categories at all? - TopAce 23:51, 15 Nov 2005 (CET)
It's easy. You just need to add [[Category:Category name]] (without the nowiki tags, obviously) and then go to the Category:Category name page. The wiki will auto generate the basic page for you. Black Wolf 11:53, 16 Nov 2005 (CET)
Aren't there any other articles besides the one on Shivans? It kinda makes this place feel like it's dead.
- Sure there are lots of other articles than one on Shivans, and the article can be changed too, i just haven't really seen any propositions lately. - Wanderer 00:07, 7 April 2007 (CDT)
A big thanks to whoever made ASW the featured campaign of the moment! SpaceFreak 08:12, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
Just wondering - The Current Featured Article is about a Campaign (Terran-Vasudan War Project) that apparently is dead, seeing as I cannot find a single server that is currently hosting the files for download. Do we really want ot showcase a campaign for new players that they will be unable to play?--Krajerino 04:05, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- Individual teams are supposed to take of their respective web pages that are outside of the FSwiki. We have no power nor means to change anything there. So if project's webpages are outdated we can't really help you or them other than notifying the respective project. In this case however you should be able to download the content via the forums . I suppose same links could be added to TVWP wikipage. And given that TVWP just recently (June 2010) put out a new demo release i doubt that the project would actually be dead. - Wanderer 04:39, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- The TVWP staff forgot to fix the links when we posted the release thread. Everything should be okay now. Thanks to Wanderer for the heads-up in our project board. - Goober5000 03:59, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
Could somebody do a Wings of Dawn page that is awesome so we can feature it? BP gets its fair share of the limelight already. General Battuta 00:40, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- This would be very welcome. Might want to ask on the wiki board as well, though, as I suspect that gets more attention than a mere talk page. - Shade 11:39, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
Do you have to be like...an Admin to change the main?
- ATM, AFAIK no. - Wanderer 15:04, 16 June 2007 (CDT)
Do you agree on having more than a "Featured Campaign of the Moment" section in the main page? Something like highlights on recent articles and such? --- Mobius
- No thanks, I think the main page is fine as it is now. - Snail 16:35, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
While I wouldn't mind seeing the featured campaign cycle a little more often, my chief complaint about the "average" Wiki main page is that it's too busy. Less is more. -- BlueFlames 15:32, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- What do you mean? Are there too many links? - TopAce 17:56, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- I mean the FS Wiki's main page looks better than other Wikis because it doesn't have seventeen sections of useless, trivial clutter. -- BlueFlames 03:25, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
EDIT: I wanted to add the "User-made Ships" page to the nav menu on the right under Modding FreeSpace, but I can't get to that section by just clicking the edit button on the main page. Can somebody with the ability add that for me?. --Scourge of Ages 22:20, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
- You can't find it because it's in a navigation template rather than in the actual page itself. In the edit screen, you'll find a list of the templates used on the page right below the edit box. You'll want "Main nav". Shade 00:36, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Main page now set to admin-only editing due to a spambot infestation. If you need any changes done, contact a Wiki Administrator and we can allow edits while you work.