- FSO Revision: 5211
Known commonly as Bob's animation code as the code was written by Bobboau. Enables submodels defined in ships.tbl or in any related modular table to be animated in game. Animation code is included to the subsystem entry in similar manner as with multipart turrets
Important Note: "$triggered:" Subobject Property
For any animated subobject other than turrets, you must have "$triggered:" written in the subobject properties field of that subobject for the model file (POF) that you wish to animate. See Subsystem for more information on Subsystem flags and options.
Setting Turret Angle
- Animation code can be used to set multipart turrets barrel angle at the beginning of the mission
- Animation Class = triggered
- The only one available
- Animation Type = initial
- As we want the barrels to align themselves at the beginning of the mission
- Animation Code
- +relative_angle: is good for this purpose
- Notes about angles:
- First value is used to determine the turret's barrels deviation from the turrets normal. So barrel elevation in degrees is ( 90 - the first value ).
- Second value is used to determine the turret facing. With 0 the turret facing is in the normal setting and with 180 turn the turret completely around. Do note that turrets on the underside of the model normally face backwards, so to get these turrets pointing forwards the second value has to be set to 180.
$Subsystem: turret02,0.833,1.0 $Default PBanks: ( "Terran Turret" ) $animation: triggered $type: initial +relative_angle: 90,180,0
$Subsystem: DockingClaw1, 0, 1.0 $Flags: ( "untargetable" ) $animation: triggered $type: docking ;;The claw opens on approach +sub_type: 0 ;;The number of the associated dock (works with multidocking) +delay: 0 +relative_angle: 0,0,90 +velocity: 0,0,10 +acceleration: 0,0,5 +time: 2000 $animation: triggered $type: docked ;;The claw closes once docked +sub_type: 0 +delay: 0 +relative_angle: 0,0,-90 +velocity: 0,0,10 +acceleration: 0,0,5 +time: 2000