Just Another Day
- In development since: August 2004
- Released: 04 September 2004 at 22:51:21 GMT
- Mods included
- 1 mysterious music file
- 1 custom squad logo
- Axem — Just Another FREDder
Missions and Campaigns
- One 6-mission campaign
Today was like any other day. The birds were singing, the sky was blue. Then came tomorrow...
Alpha 1, newly recruited to the GTVA. Your lifetime experience handling such unknown craft as the TIE Fighter and the Ferret puts you incharge of the great Alpha Wing.
It is now time for your very first assignment. Loads of spam are hurting everybody in the GTVA, their mailboxes are too large for GMail2, bandwidth is so slow, it takes an hour to download 100TB. Truely dark times. Fight off the forces of darkness and free your mailbox from the cluches of EEEEEEEVIIIIIIIL!
Get ready to see the following things in random order in 6 action packed missions!
- Copyright infringements!
- References to disco music!
- The power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK!
- Unexpected twist ending!
- AND MORE!
* - God may not be God, your God may vary.
This campaign has a direct sequel, Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo. A version of this campaign, compatible with the 3.6.12 mediavps, is released as part of the Just Another Day Collector's Edition.
Okay, the campaign looks inspired by Deus Ex Machina, but that's only half of it. I had the idea to make a nonsense campaign, and was surprised that no one had done one like that before. Until I found DEM, which made me spend 5 days crying in a cellar. After that little bout, I decided to actually go and make another campaign sorta like it. The biggest thing I did copy from DEM was the "author" getting the Bosch comm ani. The Rakshasa message in mission 1? That's not based off of the unpronouncable destroyer in DEM, I just couldn't spell the class name! Other stuff may have been subconscious. Who knows.
Some of these were taken from the original Release Thread.
- "I finished the whole campaign. And what's worse is that I enjoyed it." — JR2000Z
- "I still remember thinking, when I heard that background music...'My god, he IS evil!' And...let's see...riffs of...Final Fantasy (twice), Star Trek, Stargate...those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, anyways." — NGTM-1R
- "I've played this entire campaign through....four times? Five times? So addictive...so fun..." — Blitzerland
- " I laughed so hard in Mission 3 I couldn't even fight cuz my hand was shaking from laughing so hard" — Gregster2k
- "This is probably the most hilarious FreeSpace campaign out there. There's a huge WTF feeling all along... I was laughing so hard i could barely shoot straight. The same comment goes to the sequel, wich is pretty much the same entertaining value, simply hilarioustastic... I simply do not understand how an awesome campaign like this has still not been voice acted." — KR
- "I recommend you to play this one with HDRish... why? Just do it and click commit! First time I played I had indeed the WTF feeling all along. The jokes and such are great, but the missions get boring after the joke effect runs out (Whats fun about 'Kill everyone' six time in a row?)" — Joshua
- "F___ing beautiful campaign. Funnily enough, if you love using the Prometheus S or UD-8 Kayser, they are in EVERY mission, making your life easier. Still balanced though, but hilarious at almost every turn. Awesome scripting. Just a word of warning: don't fly in this if you just ate or drank." — Black_Yoshi1230