From FreeSpace Wiki
- Name, meaning and Constellation: Beta Cygni, Cygnus. The name of the star was originally Minqār al-Dajājah, the hen's beak as in Arabic texts.
- Other name(s) and meaning: Albireo (this name is the result of a few misunderstandings of the original Arabic form since Latin scholars thought that the name came from a kind of herb, and translated it into ab ireo (from ireus). Later this was treated as a misprint of an Arabic term and transcribed as al-bireo.
- Distance from Sol: 391 ly, 120 pc
- Type of System: Binary
- Color: K3-Red Giant, B9.5-Blue Main Sequence
- Right Ascension: 19h 30m 43.3s
- Declination: +27° 57' 35"
- To be filled in later.