Just Another Day 3: Shivans on a Plane
- In development since: September 2006
- Released: 31 May 2007 at 00:16:47 GMT
- Mods included
- Core VP
- 1 cache file
- 1 model
- 1 modular tablefile
- 2 pre-loaded TGA files
- 4 custom maps
- 6 custom in-game animations
- 8 mission files
- 9 mysterious music files
- Extras VP
- 7 pre-rendered cutscenes
- Core VP
- Axem — Just Another FREDder
Missions and Campaigns
- One "6"-mission campaign
With the death of FRED and FRED2 by the hands of Alpha 1, there no stands nothing to strike at the GTVA! Except for... Shivans! On a Plane!
The Shivans have returned and are bent on taking over ancient Earth aero-transports. We've got motherfrackin' Shivans! And there's not a got-damn thing you can do about it!
Just another day again, eh?
Why wouldn't it be? Get ready for the following things in random order!
- Plotholes on a plane!
- Copyright infringements on a plane!
- References to disco music on a plane!
- The power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK on a plane! (ok, maybe not)
- God on a plane!*
- Unexpected twist endings on a plane!
- AND MORE on a plane!
* - God on a plane may still not be God, your God may vary.
This Campaign is the sequel to Just Another Day and Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo. A version of this campaign, compatible with the 3.6.12 mediavps, is released as part of the Just Another Day Collector's Edition. A sequel, Just Another Day Fourever, was planned.
JAD3 was a headache, but a fun headache. With the exception of the first mission, every mission had a complete redoing. That completely trashed every part of the story I had first wrote down. But alas, I somehow recovered.
Some notes about the missions
WARNING: This article contains spoilers for the following storylines: Just Another Day
- Mission 1: I was actually going to use the Shivans on a Plane here, which is why SLJ was there. But then I swapped it out for a Sath.
- Mission 2: Finally a use for the Helios and Myrmidon! Unfortunately this is a mission where you can't use the Myrmidon.
- Mission 3: This was going to be the Stealth Mission with similar jokes as Mission 5. Instead it went somewhere else.
- Mission 4: This mission was done entirely for the Giant Robots. And the intro/promo/whatever. Gendo-Basudan is my favorite CommAni I did.
- Mission 5: Up until the last few hours of finishing the whole campaign, the guest star was Admiral Haberdashery, but since the D&D setting kinda put him way out of place. Instead you got Monty Python.
- Mission 6: The Shivans on a Plane was going to have a grand entrance, a ingame cutscene and fanfare and everything. But their role got cut (again) and they had 5 seconds of screen time at the very end.
Most of these were taken from the Release Thread.
- "Guranteed 110% fun." — Nubbles
- "I think I actually went blue while shooting up the Internets." — Nuclear1
- "Oooooooookay... Axem's campaigns have reached a new level of weirdness..." — Dark Hunter
- "GTVAngelion was really funny... 'specially the intro cutscene music..." — Snail
- "Wow. Cool the plane is a Boeing 747, except it has big guns." — Hades
- "Did anyone else notice just how epic Freespace feels with classical music in the background?" — redsniper
- "Well I finished that.... kind of strange. I got most of it but it wasn't as funny as the first two." — KappaWing
- "Mabye not as funny as the original, but the missions itself are much better, and rival with other campaigns, this also makes replaying the campaign more wortwhile" — Joshua