|The following information has not been confirmed by Volition |
and is therefore not canon for the FreeSpace universe.
The Void Fang Pulse Beam, also known as the PBlue, is an anti-subsystem beam based on the Phalanx anti-fighter beam used by the GTVA in the FreeSpace 2 mod Blue Planet, and can be found on the Erebus-class destroyer.
Blue Planet Tech Room Description
Pulse beams are descendants of anti-fighter beams, using quick-rise capacitors to fire a lance of confined plasma. This design excels at penetrating active armor and turret shielding.
|Range||6 000 m|
|Recharge Time||15 s|
|Beam Lifetime||0.05 s|
|Damage per second||900|
|Damage per second (sustained)||60|
|Damage per pulse||900|
- Due to changes in the beam damage code, nightly builds from February 15th, 2018 and onward will do drastically different damage than previous builds, depending on framerate.
- Weapon is a beam cannon (beam)
- Weapon is capable of easily damaging large vessels (Huge)
- Weapon cannot be mounted on small ships (Big Ship)
- Weapon refire rate is the same on all difficulty levels (same turret cooldown)
- Weapon can target subsystems on enemy ships, like just like normal weapons (anti-subsytem beam)
- Weapon has Puncture flag which reduces the damage inflicted to the target's hull.
- Weapon causes targets electronic systems (laser turrets etc.) to malfunction.
- Weapon leeches energy from the target with every hit.