|The following information has not been confirmed by Volition |
and is therefore not canon for the FreeSpace universe.
Tech Room Description
The Supernova torpedo was developed by the Hideki Research Institute in cooperation with Subach-Innes, under massive pressure from the GTVA Admiralty to produce a tactical application of meson warhead technology. More compact than the Helios bomb, and nearly as powerful, the Supernova is commonly mounted on Erebus- and Titan-class destroyers, where it allows the warship to engage targets at long range while in a stern chase or while supporting fightercraft. Though vulnerable to interception and incapable of the raw damage output of a beam weapon, the Supernova allows modern warships full spherical engagement capability with a powerful weapon capable of nullifying any target - given sufficient time and assuming hostile point defense are neutralized.
|Reload time||30 s|
|Shockwave Radius||200 / 400 m|
|Minimum Lock Time:||3|
|Turn Rate (360 degrees):||2|
- Weapon is capable of easily damaging large vessels (Huge)
- Weapon cannot be mounted on small ships (Big Ship)
- Weapon lifetime not penalized if the angle to the target is too big (No Lifeleft Penalty)
- Weapon projectile generates particles (Particle Spew)
- Weapon can be shot down (Bomb)
- Weapon fires on the designated rate of fire on all difficulty levels and all AI levels (Same Turret Cooldown)