I would suggest a couple of changes here...
- Use when-argument instead of every-time-argument. Every-time and every-time-argument should be used rarely, if ever. Many people don't know the difference.
- Use self-destruct instead of sabotating the hull. Much cleaner, and more accurate to boot.
- Add a ship-vaporize <argument> sexp immediately before the self-destruct sexp. This will cause the mine to explode in the minimum possible time, whereas it will explode with the regular time if the player is skilled enough to destroy it from afar.
Goober5000 21:03, 7 August 2007 (CDT)
Good points. I'll get it changed as soon as I can grab another screenshot to replace the current one. Shade 07:23, 8 August 2007 (CDT)
A couple more points:
- Invalidate-argument should appear at the end of the action list, for tidiness's sake.
- I should take my own advice and be careful here. :p This sort of sexp *might* require every-time-argument, because it's one of those volatile situations that should be checked even after evaluating to true. It all depends on the behavior of the distance sexp. Someone would have to check it in-game.
What the hell? What kind of newbie am I to forget to invalidate? I mean, it's not like I just wrote an article using, like, 5 different examples with every-time and every-time-argument without forgetting it or anything... For the second point, I sure hope it works... I'd kinda assumed you knew it would since you corrected me :p I'll test it at some point.