Mod.ini defines the options for a given mod. The core use for these is to allow a mod to easily use assets from another mod, such as the MediaVPs.
The file must be called "mod.ini" and be in the main folder of the mod. It must be in ASCII text format (not Unicode) and use Windows-style end-of-line markers.
- PLEASE NOTE: Launcher v 5.4 or later, must be used. Earlier versions had some bugs that would cause this explanation about mod.ini to fail.
Information about the mod, displayed in the Launcher.
- modname = Name of the mod;
- image255x112 = Mod bitmap.bmp;
- infotext = Information about the mod;
- website = URL to the mod's website, if applicable;
- forum = URL to the mod's forum, if applicable;
- mantis = URL to the mod's bugtracker, if applicable;
The mod bitmap is displayed in the Launcher, under the "MOD" tab, when the mod is selected.
Defines other mods that are used at the same time.
- primarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will override assets in the current mod. Primarylist is needed very rarely. Currently only Silent Threat: Reborn requires the use of primarylist.
- secondarylist = list of mods;
- These mods will be added to the assets for the current mod, and may be overridden by data in the current mod.
Defines other required settings.
- flags = list of additional commandline flags;
[launcher] image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp; infotext = Freespace II - 3.6.10 MediaVPs; website = http://www.hard-light.net/; forum = http://www.hard-light.net/forums; mantis = http://www.hard-light.net/mantis; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondarylist = ;
[launcher] image255x112 = Derelict.bmp; infotext = Five years have passed since the jump node to the Capella system was collapsed...; website = http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce/; forum = http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=83686deb4fd49b5f670f6d92203b257d&forumid=89; [multimod] primarylist = ; secondarylist = mediavps; [settings] flags = -spec;
Silent Threat: Reborn
[launcher] modname = Silent Threat: Reborn v1.0; image255x112 = fsport-str.bmp; infotext = As the Great War rages on, you've been commissioned by Galactic Terran Intelligence for special intelligence operations. Your objectives are to contain the Shivan onslaught and preserve the fragile Terran-Vasudan alliance. But a series of suspicious events cloud the GTI's spotless record. Is the GTI setting you up or are the Shivans spreading their evil rage?; website = http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/str/; forum = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,140.0.html; [multimod] primarylist = fsport-mediavps; secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;