The *.IBX filetype caches 3D model information. It is stored in the data/cache folder of the main game or the mod folder that you have selected (in SCP). It's recommended that you include the relevant *.IBX files with any campaign you release with modded ships, as this will save the user a bit time.
- .POF files are used to hold model data.
The following properties are held in a POF file: (alphabetical order)
- Central point of the model
- Docking points
- Squadron logo location
- Subobject behaviour, radars, debris, LODs
- Subsystem locations, their radii and naming
- Thruster locations and radii
- Turret fire points and normals
.POF files can be made using Truespace and the PCS kit. Truespace can be used to create a 3D .COB file; the dock point, turret fire point, etc. information listed above can be added using PCS, allowing you to export the model from COB to POF.