From FreeSpace Wiki
- _Distance from Sol:_ 101 lyrs, 31 par
- _Type of System:_ Singular
- _Color:_ K5-Red Giant
- _Right Ascension:_ 17h56m36.4s
- _Declination:_ +51Â°29'20"
- Gamma Draconis is a very interesting system, for many reason. First, it doesn't have a planetary system, and no viable resources, which is why, aside from a brief visit by the GTSC Erikson, it has been left virtually untouched by the GTVA. Secondly, it harbours a subspace portal, designated Knossos, which is believed to be an Ancient device, used to stabilise jump nodes that are, in their natural form, too unstable to travel. This particular portal leads into a distant nebula, which is being used as a staging area by the Shivans.