Quotes might be inaccurate. I recalled them from heart. - TopAce
I added the sidebar, but the picture messed with it so i rearanged the article, i'm preety sure the pic sholdnt be where i put it so we need a wiki-god to make it nicely positioned.--FireCrack 10:03, 16 Nov 2005 (CET)
Moved the image - still not ideal though. Black Wolf 12:11, 16 Nov 2005 (CET)
What about an in-game shot? I think with the HTL lightning, a better screenshot could be made. What about a nebula or a planet in the background? That would make it even better in my opinion. - TopAce 19:55, 22 Nov 2005 (CET)
- So, should the picture be about SCP eye candy or the Colossus? --Selectah 06:17, 2 February 2007 (CST)
Do we want this page to be changed into a similar format with the other ship pages? I mean for the performance and tech room descriptions part? Wanderer 08:47, 16 Dec 2005 (GMT)
Yes, but leave all the current text into the article. - TopAce 18:09, 16 Dec 2005 (GMT)
There's a bug with the Colossus. If you play any mission with it, and tell your squad or wing to ignore a target such as a destroyer, the Colossus ignores that target too. AllStarZ 03:09, 20 July 2006 (BST)
Only on certain versions --Mars 03:13, 20 July 2006 (BST)
It's a bug with the game, not with the Colossus. And the bug has been fixed in the SCP. Goober5000 01:17, 26 July 2006 (BST)
Ships inside Colosuss' hull
I have confirmed that the number of fightercrafts inside the Colossus is 240, and the page in the wiki is correct. Also, another new unit used for fighercrafts is a squad. A squad conists of 3 wings (So 20 squads inside colossus). I just want to post here first, since if someone has any opninions. My proof is inside the Colossus cutscene, and start looking from 1:46. Nubbles 05:44, 22 June 2008 (CDT)
- I have nothing against it but the spacecraft icons displayed in the cutscene make no difference between fighters and bombers. It has been proved that the space necessary to accomodate one Ursa-class bomber is nearly equivalent to the one necessary to accomodate 8(yes, eight) Loki-class fighters. I think we should stick with the original statement, "60 fighter or bomber wings", without trying to specify the exact number of combat spacecraft(which is various). - Mobius
Reclassifying the Colossus as a superdestroyer seems a little silly. I can grant that the Colossus is never canonically labeled as a juggernaut, but neither is it designated a superdestroyer, and its size seems to demand a different designation.
Just because the Sathanas is more powerful doesn't strike me as a sufficient justification for the lesser label. A Ravana can rip a Hecate or an Orion to shreds, but we don't reclassify those terran vessels corvettes because of that comparison. The shivan juggernaut is more powerful than its GTVA counterpart in a head-to-head assault, but that tends to be true across all ship classes. -- BlueFlames 13:44, 4 November 2008 (CST)
- "Supercap" is the most appropriate term, if we want to stick to canon. It's the only designation that, IIRC, was given to the Colossus. The problem I can see with that is that it's a technical term used only in the table files. Unless mentioned by another classification in the game, I would use "supercap" and possibly explain that it is a technical term that means blah blah blah somewhere in the article. [random thought]Argh... it can't even be said that the Colly is a destroyer, because it's not mentioned as such and it doesn't have the GTD designation[/random thought]. - TopAce 07:56, 5 November 2008 (CST)
- Well, I made a change. It should get the idea across, without stretching canon classifications or giving the local shivans any kind of anatomical envy. -- BlueFlames 17:19, 6 November 2008 (CST)
- Super Capital Ship is OK yes? Or is it going to be changed another few hundred times? -- Snail 05:57, 22 December 2008 (CST)
- I'm fine with it. Perhaps it would be a bit better to attach a "non-canon" note to it to make its canonicity status explicit. Yes, that's a change I'm going to do. Revert if there's a problem with it. - TopAce 09:00, 22 December 2008 (CST)
I was fine with it at juggernaut, to be honest, but apparently the notion that that's what the Colossus is offends some members. Change it to whatever you like; I'm done babying one field in the table. -- BlueFlames 16:55, 22 December 2008 (CST)
- I think I'll do a poll on HLP and see what the rest of the community thinks. Most votes wins. -- Androgeos Exeunt 20:22, 22 December 2008 (CST)
Why not just classify it as a Colossus Class ship? Isn't that what they do for the first ships of its kind? All following ships would be Colossus Class Ships?
- We haven't been discussing the class's name, but its ship type. Those are two different things. - TopAce 07:27, 7 February 2009 (CST)
Weird, extremely weird "Veteran Comments"
I removed several *idiotic* comments and tried to replace them with more coherent one. They surely were the most weird comments of the entire Wiki.
Strangely enough, there's a tendence in throwing in the results of FRED experiments even if we all know that the outcome of a battle depends on several parameters other than relative ship placement. Also, certain comments give for sure that replacing all anti-warship beams with BFGreens should be a standard change. Have those guys ever cared about the messages sent by the Colossus in High Noon? Are they aware of what reactor overloads are capable of causing?
My message is - keep the Veteran Comments useful, comprehensive and coherent. --- Mobius
Veteran Comments Policy
Subjective comments about Terran/Vasudan elements
The Colossus has plenty of overtly Vasudan influences in its appearances. To imply that the Colossus is "clearly" a mostly Terran design is rather odd. On top of a huge portion of the hull having distinctly Vasudan coloring/material/shape/style, there are a lot of curves present in the design and aesthetic that Vasudan designs are known for. And seeing as the project itself was proposed by the Vasudan emperor, it'd be rather odd for the ship to be a mostly Terran design. --SaltyWaffles
"a huge portion of the hull having distinctly Vasudan coloring/material/shape/style" wut. All the tiles used on the Colie are Terran tiles. On top of that, the Colie exhibits Terran engine glows and Terran beams. There may be some zod-ish implied curves, but actually less than on ships like the Hecate or the Deimos. Whatever actual Zod features exist of the Colie are well-hidden and/or internal. --MatthTheGeek