|This feature requires SCP|
- FSO Git Commit: Date:2016-08-02 SHA:b4db345
The fonts.tbl is a recent addition to the SCP allowing the definition of non-standard fonts. The number of possible fonts is unlimited. The HUD gauges, show-subtitle-text sexp and the fiction viewer can be manually set to any font in fonts.tbl. The rest of the fonts used in FSO (e.g. techroom text) are hardcoded to one of the first three fonts that are parsed.
This table is one of the Modular Tables and can be extended with xxx-fnt.tbm
- 1 General Info
- 2 Top and Bottom offsets
- 3 Sample Entry
- 4 Sample Entry (Fiction Viewer)
- 5 References
- Begins with #Fonts
- Consists of at least 3 entries
- Ends with #End
Currently, there are two different types of supported fonts. The old "VFNT" type (which probably means Volition Font) and the new TrueType Fonts. The old font use the usual $Font: option while the new fonts use $TrueType:.
- Lists a font file to use.
- This font type is not supported if the engine is in Unicode text mode!
- Syntax: String
+Default Special Character Index:
+Special Character Font:
Top and Bottom offsets
The top and bottom offsets can be used to influence the line spacing for a specific font. Before rendering top offset vertical pixels are skipped. Then the text is rendered and then another bottom offset pixels are skipped.
#Fonts $Font: font01.vf $Font: font02.vf $Font: font03.vf $TrueType: arial.ttf +Name: Arial +Size: 12 #End
Sample Entry (Fiction Viewer)
#Fiction Viewer $File: [text file] $Font: [font file]
- "Re: Feature Request: 4th font (especially for fiction viewer)", Hard Light Productions Forums, Hard Light Productions, 24-12-2009. Retrieved on January 28, 2011.