From FreeSpace Wiki
- FSO Revision: 5147
The tips.tbl is used for defining the tips that pop-up in the main hall when a new pilot is created.
- These are the tips that will be displayed in a pop up menu in the mainhall.
- Can designate key pressed with  brackets.
- There is a maximum of 40 tips that you can define
- Table file consists of tips, each on a single line starting with +Tip:
- Table ends with #End
- Entry consists of a string and a value that refers to the translation found from tstrings.tbl
- Syntax: XSTR("string", integer)
- Part of retail FreeSpace 2 table
+Tip: XSTR("When your shields...", 3204) +Tip: XSTR("Press [R] to target...", 3205) +Tip: XSTR("Press [Alt-H] to enable...", 3206) +Tip: XSTR("Attacking the Weapons subsystem...", 3207)