From FreeSpace Wiki
- FSO Git Commit: Date:2019-04-15 SHA:4824428
The ssm.tbl was originally meant for defining the flight behavior of subspace missiles (SSM).
This table is one of the Modular Tables and can be extended with xxx-ssm.tbm
- 1 Format
- 2 Table Entries
- 3 $SSM:
- Table consists of independent $SSM: entries
- Table ends with #end
- Names the SSM strike.
- Syntax: String, name of the strike (as used by SEXPs and weapons)
- Defines the weapon used in the strike.
- Syntax: String, name of the weapon
- (Optional) Defines number of the weapons fired by the strike.
- Syntax: Integer, defaults to 1
- Defines the radius of the warp effect.
- Syntax: Float
- (Optional) Defines the lifetime of the warp effect in seconds. Non-beam weapons fire halfway through this lifetime; beam weapons either fire at the start of the effect or at the appropriate time so that the midpoint of the beam is the same as the midpoint of the warp effect, whichever is later.
- Syntax: Float, defaults to 4.0
- Defines the radius of the formation used by the weapons in the strike.
- Syntax: Float
- (Optional) Defines the offset of the formation used by the weapons in the strike; generally works best with circular strikes.
- Syntax: Float, defaults to 0
- (Optional) Whether or not firing this SSM triggers a HUD message.
- Syntax: Boolean, defaults to true
- (Optional) Can be used to define a custom message to be triggered when the SSM is fired.
- Syntax: String
- Note: By default, the message played is the one defined in strings.tbl index 1570, which is set to the generic "Firing Artillery"